20 nov 2010

Work Camp in Poshina

Poshina, one village in the north of Gujarat. As in any other Indian village, many religions and cultures must coexist with each other. It makes India be very rich, but conflicts may appear easily. One of these cultures is based on tribal ideologies. These people are known by the name of "Adivasis". They work in the field and they live in houses that they construct by themselves far from any facility. Without education, these people cannot afford dreaming about a better life.


Father Peter had a dream... and he opened his heart to these villagers. Many difficulties were found at the beginning, but he is managing very well: winning their trust, creating guest houses for children and preparing the way to the construction of a school.


In that context, the purpose of our work camp was to prepare the fields of the mission. Just a small grain of sand in such a big beautiful project... but I really felt myself like part of it. It was a very enriching experience to visit some families, see where they live, how they live and take tea with them. I did not speak "Gujerati", but I could learn so many things just by being there...
As usual, let me show you some pictures... they may transmit my feelings better than my words.

The team and the work...




Villagers...


Visits...


3 comentarios:

  1. Pask, cada día me das más envidia. Por lo que haces, por como lo haces y por lo bien que nos lo cuentas. Tengo ganas de verte y de que me cuentes tus experiencias y me pongas los dientes largos.

    Un abrazo

    Martín!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Por cierto, que te sigo debiendo un mail... soy un poco desastre...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Esto mola demasiado Pask! ¿Vuelves a casa por Navidad? Un abrazo

    Titi

    ResponderEliminar