2 nov 2010

Here I am... GUJARAT

It's time to experience, time to reflection, time to share, time to help, time to live...

That's why I came to Gujarat where my jesuit friend Alpesh is. Below, a picture with him and his team: students between 18 and 22 years old. Last days I've been living with them in Ahmedabad, capital of Gujarat.


Madre Teresa house-hospital...
They help the sisters to shave men and to do haircut and nail-cut. People staying in that house-hospital are unable to live by their own... disable people, sick people, mentally insane people are all most welcome. Some of them are picked up from the garbage where they were abandoned.

"Today it is very fashionable to talk about the poor.
Unfortunately, it is not fashionable to talk with them"

Mother Teresa de Calcuta




Ghandi Ashram...
Gujarat is the land of Ghandi... he was born here, he lived here after coming back from South Africa and he started the non-violent strikes in this region.

"My life is my message"


"I have nothing new to teach the world.
Truth and non-violence are as old as the hills."


Tomorrow I go to a work camp for two weeks... I'll let you know my feelings!!

4 comentarios:

  1. Y casi al terminar tu viaje yo descubro este blog maravilloso k dejas a tu camino.
    Estoy realmente impresionada, imagino k le pasara a todas las personas k lo esten siguiendo.
    fotos francamente presiosas, a muchas d ellas les sobran explicaciones.
    Inquietud me provoca al ver tus pasos... no puedo decir k lo aproveches al maximo, es obvio k ya lo estas haciendo. un besazo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. que gran comentario Tati... que ilusion!!
    muchas gracias!! beso!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. muy buenas!!! a mi tambien me ha pasado lo mismo que me he enterado un poco tarde pero lo importante es que por fin lo he leido y todo gracias a alpesh que me aviso de que estabas alli con el.despues de haberlo visto solo me queda una palabra en la boca: IMPRESIONANTE.
    y por favor no sigas escribiendo que me entran ganas de escaparme jejeje
    un besazo
    Berta ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Ola Javier !
    Como esta?
    Je t'ai pas dit, je suis en Inde en ce moment et au Nepal apres, jusqu'au 22 novembre: je voulais savoir ou tu serais les prochains jours... Je m'y prends un peu tard, c'est vrai mais ca serait juste enorme de se revoir!!
    En gros, je serai a Agra a partir de demain, pour 2 jours (jusqu'au 9 novembre), then Kahjuraho pour 1 journee (le 10), et je resterai 2-3 jours a Veranasi (du 11 au 13-14).
    Apres, je serai au Nepal (Katmandou) jusqu'au 19, et du 19 au 22 a New Dehli.
    Je connais pas ton schedule, mais si tu passes dans le coin, on peut s'arranger une journee!!
    Dis-moi si c'est gerable... Je regarde mes mails 1 fois/jour normalement, et tu peux me SMSer sur mon portable francais. (donzet@gmail.com , 0033 670 77 21 82).
    Hope to see you soon !!

    ResponderEliminar