16 oct 2010

From Himalaya's lands...

One trekking, one peak... one dream!!


First day I met my "trek-mate" (and now my friend) at the airport of Kathmandu. His name: Pavel. Russian, strong man, good mountaineer and a very nice person. Besides, I could get my Nepali friend "Service" with me too. Very good ambient during the whole trek!!


I don't want you to get bored with a detailed diary of my experience... Just some words explaining the planing of those days and after that... some beautiful pictures!!

Flight Kathmandu (1300 m) - Lukla (2800 m). The second day we get one pass at the height of 4600 m!! Waoow!! Such a good acclimatisation... lol!! Well, we went down to sleep at (4200 m). The next days: up and down, up and down... and the more and more up!! The 7th day with bad weather we go to the base camp (5350 m). It was snowing, cold night in tents... but the next day the sun was shining!! We went up to the high camp (5800 m). We needed one more day of good weather to reach the summit... and we got it!! That night at 1:00 am we woke up and got ready to climb. At 2:00 am we were already walking. Clear sky, windy night... I couldn't feel my fingers and the air entered everywhere between my clothes arriving up to my bones!! But we only looked up, at the summit. We felt good and it was only time what we needed to arrived up there... and we did it!! The sunrise came to heat us just before the last part of the climbing. Nice experience using one fix rope and a "jumar" to reach the summit!!
My body was shaking an the top of mera peak, but not because of the frost... I was happy!! Since my childhood I dreamt about that first moment in the Himalaya and all the efforts were worth taking!! It wasn't so easy to climb up there with my stomach in bad conditions... but this only makes this climbing more special for me!!

Look at this video from the summit of mera peak...




The way back to Lukla was fast... we just wanted to celebrate it at lower altitudes!! We had "sherpa" parties and the way down!! hahaha!!
I can tell you a lot of things more... however, better to show you the pictures!!

Getting ready in the base camp...


Sunrise during the climbing...


Sunrise reaches mount Everest... wonderful view!!


From the summit... the Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse in the background...


Makalu and Baruntse...


With our climbing guide and porter... and trying to carry porter's bagage!!



Pavel and me... Mera Peak 2010!!

5 comentarios:

  1. Que perro Pask!!!!!!!!!!! Enhorabuena!!!!!! No está mal para empezar, eh? La próxima vez nos llevas en la mochila y que nos suba el serpa!

    Por cierto, grandes palabras las del video, me has llegado al alma.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. holà hermano

    Tu as survécu à ton périple je suis fier de toi.
    Je pense que ça n'a pas du être des vacances tout de même mais je sais que tu as vu des paysages uniques.

    J'attendrai pour regarder tous les photos en une fois

    Pliss foss

    ResponderEliminar
  3. que fuerte tu! cuando vuelvas te parecera todo pequeño!

    quiero ver las fotos e? me apunto a la proyeccion de fotos y comentarios profesionales!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. on est très fier de toi mon frère ;)

    cuidate mucho!!
    à Noël!! biss

    Elena

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Increible Pask!!
    Muy poca gente puede decir que ha subido un 6000m y no todo el mundo que lo intenta lo consigue.
    Joder, es algo impresionante, si no lo veo no lo creo. Aquella zona tiene que ser de ensueño.
    Enhorabuena pask, gran azaña!!

    Mayo

    ResponderEliminar